Re: [bmw] Problem with scarce temperature of my e36 1.6 m43.

Jan Bieqkowski <janb@domain.elided> wrote:

> When temperatures outside decreased, in my engine has emerged a
> problem with scarce temperature. Its depends on speed, when
> its > 100 km/h then temperature is decreasing to border of blue
> zone on thermometer, when iam moving slow, themperature is
> increasing to best,middle position on thermometer.

Seems like your thermostat is stuck open.

> For me its strange, becouse i dont know why in slow
> movement themperature is ideal, and in speed is so low???

If your thermostat is stuck open, you can get too much cooling.
If you are at speed, this gets worse, since with all the air
blowing through the radiator, the coolant is cooled even more.

Good luck,
Mike Kohlbrenner