[bmw] Car jerking & black smoke

> Hi,
>
> My 97 318 having this problem lately. It happen once when I started to
accelerate and when approached traffic light the car started to jerk and
continued while driving slowly. The jerking dissappeared while driving at
higher speed. I manage to get home and noticed thick black smoke while the car
still jerking. I observe no trouble the next morning.

> This has happened several times and only after accelarating by pumping the
gas pedal. I have simulated this condition to the car dealer and he told me
that the air flow meter need to be changed. Can somebody verify if this is
correct?