[bmw] E36 M3 Wheel bearings

Hi,

1998 BMW M3 31,000 miles

I just got back from the track (driving school) and am noticing a muffled
grinding sound (vibrates steering wheel) that may be coming out of the left
front wheel. It gets louder with speed and noticeably louder when the weight
of the car is shifted to it. Wheel bearings bad?

If yes, how easy to replace? I have the Bentley manual but it doesn't go
into much detail on how it should be pressed.

And is there a better solution (than replacing with OEM again) for a car
that sees the track often? I suspect high heat (pads overheated) from last
few sessions ruined the bearing grease??

TIA!