[bmw] cleaning headlights & gasket for pressure gauge

For the plastic cover on my '92 325i, which I presume is a Lexan similar
to what's covering your 528's bulbs, I use Meguire's Clear Plastic
Cleaner and follow with Clear Plastic Polish.  I believe they also make
a 'daily' polish also, but never use that.  I had what appeared to be a
film stripping off my cover, and this regime took care of it.  Still
pitted, but crystal clear inbetween those pits!

And, I figured out my own problem from yesterday--took my gauge to an
autoparts store and had them find a rubber hose that fit into my
pressure gauge nicely--then with brand new razor blade, lubricated with
silicone grease, sliced off a gasket of appropriate thickness...took me
about 10 trys to get it sliced evenly though--little more grease and
voila (pardon my french!).

Doug