[bmw] E34 535i Steering Problem

Hi all,

I recently had my tie rods on my 1989 E34 535i (manual) changed and ever
since the steering doesn't feel right.  The best way I can describe it
is that there's no dampening to the steering.  As an example, if I make
a turn and stop the steering wheel at a 45 degree angle, the wheel will
often continue to turn on its own.

Before the tie rods were replaced, the feel of the steering was perfect.

I'm going to bring it back to the shop, but before I did I wanted to see
if anyone had any suggestions.  I want to be armed with some info so
they don't try to suggest its always been like that.

Thanks,

Pat V.
1989 E34 535i (manual)