[bmw] Buying an 88 735i - what to watch out for

I have a friend who is considering buying a 1988 735i. The car has 105k
miles and checks out on Carfax. It is a 5 speed manual. This will be my
friends first BMW so I would like him to have a good experience. He has
driven it and is very favorably impressed. He will be buying it from a used
car dealer, so no maintenance history. I have owned many BMWs but never an
E32 7 series, so have no personal experience to rely on. I do know the '88
is the first model year for the E32, so are there any particular weak
points/problem areas that my friend should look for? Any advice would be
greatly appreciated