Re: Hydrogen Peroxide

> Besides, I also recall hearing a tip about spraying
> plain water mist into
> the intake to remove carbon deposits.  I didn't
> believe that one either, and
> I've never found any proof, or read any studies,
> that say it works.

Never read any studies, but I have pulled heads off
after a head gasket failure and the pistons exposed to
coolant are shiny and clean compared to the other
ones.  The reason I heard this works is not a chemical
reaction but from the formation of steam when the
spark plug ingites the gas/air/fluid mixture.

The two most common substances other than specialty
cleaners I've heard used for this are water and ATF
... just don't want to suck in so much fluid that you
hydrolock it ;^)

=====
David Morrison
Austin TX
85 4Runner Crawler, Lifted ... not on jackstands ;^)