re: Hydrogen Peroxide

Chris Northover says
>an article in my local paper claimed that if you take Hydrogen Peroxide,
>and, with your car's engine running, allow it to be sucked into the intake
>through a vacuum hose, it will burn off all of the built up carbon in your
>intake and combustion areas.

a not-uncommon procedure is to do this with water or windshield washer fluid
and it apparently works very nicely

a more rigorous method is to use 'ventil sauber' by lubromoly (german
oil/additive company)- you basically let the vacuum line suck this stuff up,
it will kill the engine (or turn it off).. leave it sit for a few hours
(/overnight) then start it up again.

for a whole bunch of similar details check out
http://member.rivernet.com.au/btaylor/BMWText/technical/RoughIdle.html

chris pawlowicz
'89 325i, '99 z3 2.8, '74 2002