<E36> A/C Compressor Cycling too Quickly

My original a/c compressor on my E36 93 318i went south when the compressor
seized,
since then I have replaced, the expansion valve, had compressed air blown
through the
system successfully, replaced the receiver/drier and replaced the compressor
with one
from a 95 318i.

I had my mech do all of the above including recharging the system which has no
leaks.
However one very puzzling aspect of all is that the compressor cycles and
engages
every few 5-10 seconds and goes into a vaccum, my mechanic has attempted
bypassing
the pressure switch with no luck, any one have any ideas or suggestions ?
Thanks

Mike
93 318i