Cat replacement for '92 325i

I've got an M3 muffler on its way for my '92 325i, but I'm quite
confident that I'm going to need a
                   cat too. The dealer wants $900 for the cat and $132
for installation...so, my question is this:

I've found the Miller cat for $650 all over the web. DEC makes one for
$450. I've been told that only two companies make the cat and then
Miller, etc. just adds pipes to fit a car. So, does the  real OEM make
any difference, and do you know who makes it? Is it Bosal? And, finally,
for a  reasonably handy DIYer with Bentley, can I replace both myself
without particularly odd tools, or  am I asking for headaches not worth
the few hundred in installation?

                   Thanks.

                   Doug