Re: Bleeding Brakes with ASC+T

"Greg Wilson" <greg_r_wilson@domain.elided> wrote:
> Bentley's recommends against bleeding brakes if your
> car has ASC+T, specifically the +T part.

Greg.
This is not true.
You can and should bleed brakes on all your bimmers. At least by-annually
or before every DE.
You will not be able to replace the brake fluid trapped in the ABS system
without the dealer's $20K MODIC, but that's a problem common to all ABS
cars. AST or not.

> I read on another board that on these cars you actually
> pump the brakes, as opposed to pump and hold.

The easiest way to bleed the brakes is with a power bleeder pushing the
fluid in via the reservoir. Pumping the brake pedal on top of that is a
nice touch, but that requires a semi-competent helper.

> Does anyone have any experience with brake bleeding on an
> ASC+T car? What's the procedure?  Thanks.

Yes.
As described above.

HTH,
alex f