Re: 528e - Won't start, won't run

Listees,

Thanks to those who responded, both privately and to
the list.  Suggestions included:

  fuel pressure regulator
  O2 sensor
  in-tank auxiliary fuel pump
  vacuum leaks, including the oil stick O-ring
  relays, fuses, other electrical
  coolant temperature sensor
  cold start valve
  airflow sensor
  cap & rotor

  ... and maybe some other stuff that I forgot.

I just had a call from the kid, who heard from the mechanic
(not the one who wanted to replace the ECU for $1200, but the
the shop it was towed to after that <grin>), who reports that
it's the cold start valve.  They need to order the part, so
we're not /positive/, but it looks like the kid might be on
the road again soon.  And none too soon, says I.

I appreciate all your help.

Stas Lotyczewski