E39 Water Pump Question

Howdy,

I have a '99 528i. Dealer said that the water pump may be leaking. I plan on replacing it myself in the very near future. Thus far, coolant levels haven't budged.

My question revolves around their proposed part list. They list the thermostat housing as requiring replacement, yet according to TIS the thermostat housing isn't disturbed by the removal of the water pump...

Are the housings known to go or likely to leak if the water pump is leaking? Or is the dealer trying to replace good parts just to cover their a** in case they misdiagnosed water pump leak when in fact it was a thermostat housing leak all along?

Thanks!

- Matt