Re: E30 Steering Wheel Removal

Tom,

     You should be able to remove the airbag with screws from the back of
the
steering wheel. It should plug into the steering wheel. Disconnect the
battery
before messing with this.

A word of caution, keep all tools away from the airbag while you
work on it in case you accidently cause it to go off. I have heard of one
mechanic
that was killed when the airbag went off and a screwdriver stabbed him.

Bottom line, stay out of the line of fire. Good luck and be careful.

Dave Orr