Re: E30, e32, e34 - Headlamp Conversion Kit Marketing Survey

-----Original Message-----
From: Karl Zemlin <karl@domain.elided>

>As I contemplate the best approach for mounting Hella H4 (or other e-code)
>headlamps in my e34, it has occurred to me that perhaps I'm not the only
>person who would want to do this.
>
>If I were to come up with a high-quality conversion kit - the approach I'm
>thinking of would replace only the low-beam ellipsoid unit on an E30, E32,
>or E34 (I'm assuming that all three cars use the same lamp module - I'd
have
>to research that further) would there be enough interested people to make
it
>worth my while?

I have an E34 from one of those "off years" that did not get ellipsoids --
'92 in my case.  While I haven't investigated it, my assumption is that the
E-Code lamps will swap into my car fairly easily.  (Someone please let
me know if this is not true -- I'm contemplating this upgrade!)

My point in bringing this up is that there might be a more direct way
to make this swap from ellipsoid to E-Code -- standard issue BMW
parts from non-ellipsoid models.  It could end up more expensive
than you are proposing for new parts from a dealer, but probably
not from a junk yard.

Regards,
Mike Kohlbrenner