Re: E36 M3 Stalled, won't start

Alex, John, W.P. and the rest:

Thank you for your responses...  According to more than one person, the fuel
pump continues to run while the car is in motion - Always, apparently. And
this is the source of my inexplicable flood.

Alex points out that I should take care of the cause of my OBC message
rather than just resetting it.  I wholeheartedly agree, but as the message
does source from the very common switch issue, and as such is not a pressing
repair, I will get to it when I get a clear afternoon (hopefully, before I
actually replace the vehicle, or die).

Alex mentions that the restarts themselves contributed to the flood issue,
and for the reasons he states, I agree, but it was the actual act of
allowing the car to roll a significant distance after turning the engine off
(in support of the aforementioned OBC check code reset) that forced fuel
into the cylinders and caused the initial flooded situation.

Again,  Thanks to all who took time to look at this.

Mark

--
    -= Mark Justin Cecil == New Orleans, LA == mjcecil@domain.elided =-
                    -= http://noml.dyndns.org/mark.html =-

           "The truth is the truth, no matter what you *believe*"