Re:Subject: Re: E36 M3 Stalled, won't start

Mark,

Yes it probably is possible to flood the car that way, and since the car
operates perfectly well with the check brake circuit light on, you're better off
with a black piece of tape than turning the car off and on... not to mention
safety issues. (though you mention deserted street and all that)

FWIW, its probably NOT the brake switch, rather its the rear light cluster.

Check for corrosion on all the rear brake lights, make sure you have BMW
brand bulbs in place since the resistance is critical.

I've shut down and restarted a few times, but its no fun, and I'll simply
install a switch to turn abs on and off to get rid of its idiot light problem.
(racing issues)

Alex Lipowich
91 Z1
91 M5