320i Engine

Anybody have any idea what a 1.8L engine out of an '82 320i would weigh?
 I've found a low miles one in Miami, but unfortunately I live in
Oregon, so am needing to figure out what freight might be.   But I have
no idea what the engine might weigh.

Also, if anybody has any advice on shipping an engine, I'd be
interested to hear it.  Do you have to build a crate for it?  Or could
you simply strap it securely to a shipping pallet?

Thanks - Gary