Re: E36 M3 Stalled, won't start

Since nobody seems to know, or maybe even care what happened with my
no-start issue, I will say this...  After letting the car sit for the
workday, I was able, after 2 or 3 tries, to start the car.  My companion
watched the tailpipe, and confirmed my first suspicion:  the car had been
flooded, as was indicated by the significant amount of unburnt gas coming
from the tail.  After some two or three minutes holding the car in the
middle of the rev range, the car seems to be back to normal.

Now my question evolves into:  How is it possible to flood the engine in
this way?  That is, by turning the engine off and on again with the car
rolling.

Any info you guys can provide will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

--
    -= Mark Justin Cecil == New Orleans, LA == mjcecil@domain.elided =-
                    -= http://noml.dyndns.org/mark.html =-

           "The truth is the truth, no matter what you *believe*"

"Mark Cecil" <mjcecil@domain.elided> wrote in message
> Folks:
>
> On my way to work this morning, I got the infamous "brake light circuit
> failure" on the OBC in my 1999 M3, as I have so many many times before...
> The way I have generally made it go away (don't ask me why this works) is
> cut off the ignition, tap the brake pedal ten or twenty times, and then
> restart.  80% of the time, the message does not reappear for a while.
(Yes,
> I know the switch is a $30 part, but I'm just not willing to go upside
down
> under the dash again right now).
>
> So, while rolling on a straight and deserted street, I cut the ignition,
> tapped the brake several times, and attempted to restart.  She started,
but
> ran very rough, briefly, and when I hit the throttle, she stalled, and
will
> not restart.  It sounds as though the engine is firing ok, but immediately
> quits.  I attempted maybe ten times to start the car, but to no avail.
She