Re: KMAC camber plates - good/bad?

"FS" <freestat@domain.elided> wrote:

> And what's involved in getting these installed? Just remove the strut tower
> bolts or do I have to go through the entire front strut removal process per
> Bentley manual?
>
> I have nice round outer edges on new toyos t1-s and would like to use some
> of the inner tread in the next driving schools. How much negative camber
> (stock suspension) will I get with KMAC? Their website doesn't list it...

I think that these are the style where you loosen some clamping bolts
and the top of the strut is then free to move around within a small
area both side to side (camber) and fore and aft (caster).  If this
is the case, then the other thing to consider is that you pretty much
need to align the car when you make adjustments since locating the
top of the strut isn't very repeatable.  Because of this, the ideal
of being able to dial in some extra camber at the track and dial it
back out at the end of the day is pretty much impractical.

What most folks do with these is come up with a compromise setting
in between optimum for street and track and then live with the
wear and performance compromises.  Of course, since the factory
settings will give you outside edge wear on the street with
"spirited" driving, these camber adjusters are still a good thing
to have.

Regards,
Mike Kohlbrenner