E36 towing capability

We are exchanging a Honda Odyssey minivan with its humongous cargo
capability for a 1997 328i with automatic transmission.  Is there a way to
hook up a lightweight towbar for occasionally use of a towbar-compatible
bike rack or even a ( I know it is not recommended in the owner's manual)
small trailer such as those that I see behind motorcycles ?

Howie Kohn
1991 318is red on the road
1991 318is parts car in the garage
1997 328i (as of 7:30 PM tonight)

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of Howard Kohn.vcf]