Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 22:07:35 -0500
From: Drew Mouton <drew@domain.elided>
Subject: Suggestion: avoid Vines BMW

Hello Group,

I always try to give vendors every opportunity to resolve difficulties
before complaining in public, but the time has come to recommend to
y'all that you avoid Vines BMW.

Until this year, my buddy and I were regular purchasers of new and used
Vines parts, purchasing thousands of dollars worth of parts every few
months, and happy enough that I've recommended them to this list
several times. For the past 3-4 months, however, we've been lied to
repeatedly, and are *still* waiting on parts that were promised months
ago.

What changed? Until the beginning of the year, we'd been dealing with
Vines employee "Doc," and were consistently happy with his service,
prices, and tendency to go above and beyond what was required in order
to make things work for us.

Then, evidently, he was fired, and since then we've been dealing
unsuccessfully with David and Ron Vines (primarily Ron). Our credit
cards were charged, with promises again and again of delivery; most of
the "lies" were of the form "Yeah, we definitely shipped those parts
yesterday" only to find they never went out. As I said, it's been Ron
Vines behind this exceptionally poor service. We're still waiting on
parts that were supposedly shipped months ago.

As always, your mileage may vary, but unless something drastic changes
we won't ever buy from them again.

Drew Mouton