re:<e28> Sunroof

Hello Neil,

--Message--
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 21:06:51 -0500
From: Neil <neil@domain.elided>
Subject: re: <e28> Sunroof

--Snip

In case yours needs to be replaced, all Webasto sunroof panels and
mechanisms are interchangeable between 3, 5 and 7 series cars from early
80's up to around '92-ish and probably even more.

Neil
'91 318is
'86 M535i
'89 325ix
--End Message

The interchangeability of sunroof components is interesting.  I would like to
get a "moonroof" panel to replace the metal panel on my '88 M5.  Do you know
what models were available with a moonroof?

Thanks,
Joe Fahy
'88 M5