Re: billstein vs boge shocks

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 17:17:43 -0700 (PDT) Brendon <brendonm@domain.elided> wrote:
> My '96 328i (at 95K miles) is getting new shocks soon.
> I want a smooth ride since this is my daily driver for 90 miles
> roundtrip during the week.  So I'm debating which brand shocks to get
> installed.

> I'm told Billsteins will last longer but need a custom shock mount in
> the rear (more $).  The Boges will ride smoother though (like
> stock)...or is this really the case?

first of all, they're both good shock brands (although i gather that there
is now a turkish made boge and many observers are, um, "curious" as to
whether the quality level will be maintained.)

if i were doing driving schools, i'd go bilstein, no question. for road
use, well, boge shocks work well and should be less expensive.

richard