Oil Leak and Overheating

I have what appear to be two unrelated problems. The first is an oil leak that appears under the front passenger side of the engine. After I have park my car a puddle forms under the alternator from pooling of oil in the mounting bracket. I am not losing a lot of oil, but it happens all the time. It does not happen though when the engine is running, only when the car is parked. I have heard that one of the two bolts holding the crank sensor is a common culprit; how do I remove and seal this bolt?
The other problem is overheating. When the AC is on it is more frequent, so I jumped the aux fan switches and they worked fine. How do I check the temp switches that the jumped wires operate? Could this also be a thermostat problem? Even if I am not using the AC I will overheat if I am waiting in a long line of slow moving traffic.

Redscare
86 535i
195000, rebuilt and bored out at 180000

bmw-digest <owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided> wrote:
bmw-digest Monday, July 14 2003 Volume 10 : Number 029

Forum for Discussion of BMW Automobiles
Richard Welty
Digest Coordinator

Contents:

E36: windshield washer motor replacement
1998 328i ball joint failure
Re: Don't use the #@%$ ing DRL's !!!
Convertible top problem
E34 No start No radio suspect air bag circuit.
'82 320i engine
re: Packages Pricing
Re: 1998 328i ball joint failure

BMW Digest Home Page: /bmw/
Useful Administrative Information: /general-notes.txt

Send submissions to bmw-digest@domain.elided

Send administrative requests to bmw-digest-request@domain.elided

To unsubscribe, include the word unsubscribe by itself in the body of
the message, unless you are sending the request from a different address
than the one that appears on the list. Include the word help in a
message to bmw-digest-request to get a list of other majordomo
commands.