/Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 08:55:23 -0400
From: "Martin Stanczak" <martin@domain.elided>
Subject: re: Maybe a New //M3 & Thinking of buying an E36 328is

< you'll keep reminding yourself "I
< should have bought an //M3".

Every time I look at my bank statements I remind myself "what a wonderful
thing I did not buy an //M3."
However, I am a minimalist...
To each his own. Good thing almost anyone can get a BMW to suit his/her
automotive budget.

P.S. Yesterday I was driving a bone-stock '03 Impreza WRX and was not overly
impressed with it, which totally enraged the person in posession of the car
(my brother). Low and mid-range torque felt weak, understeer is horrid,
gearbox feels clunky - I told him: overall, even with an 89hp deficit, I
think my car is more fun to drive. He proceeded to try to prove me wrong
which resulted in stinking-up the whole neighbourhood with his clutch... and
I did not change my mind. He blamed it on the tires, which admittedly are
the worst I have ever experienced on a new car, the heat-soaked intercooler,
etc. I told him that's not what I expected out of a $40k car (Canadian $).
Martin
'95 318ti/