Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 09:37:10 -0500
From: "Karl Zemlin" <karl@domain.elided>
Subject: E34 525 "Service Engine" Risk Assessment (URGENT)

I'm trying to firm up a deal on a car that is about 2 hours away - I haven't
been to see it yet.

The car's "SERVICE ENGINE" light is on. The dealer (not BMW) has made two
offers.

Price X - take the car as-is and assume all risk associated with the light -
I can get the car today.
Price X + $500 - They will take the car to a BMW dealer and have the Service
Engine light taken care of - they will hold the car until my next chance to
get it, 7/14.

Another digest member familiar with E34s has seen and driven the car and
given a very positive assessment.

How much risk am I taking that the Service Engine light will cost me more
than $500?

Thanks folks

End of bmw-digest V10 #23