Subject: AC conversion to 134

> Has anyone performed a conversion of their AC system from Freon R-12 to
> R-134?
> I did this to a Volvo and it worked fine.
> Thoughts, problems etc.
> I know you have to put in a new dryer and flush the system with alcohol.
All
> new seals too!
> As I remember the oil in the compressor has to be changed also.
> Any one with AC experience I would appreciate your advice.
> Gary
> 533i

Here in Wisconsin we can't buy any refrigerants over the counter, go figure.
I checked with a friendly steamfitter who does nothing but A/C and he set me
up with Freezone rb-276.  This stuff works like r-12 and doesn't require the
oil change, compressor compatibility etc.  Check out
www.heco.net/freezone.

FWIW I have no association with anyone involved with the sale or manufacture
of rb-276, just think this is the way to go with converting r-12 systems.

Paul
83 528e
75 R0/6