Re:1986 E-30 325es Blower Switch

I believe you'll have to remove the panel that the switch is located on, as
it's held on with a nut on the back (unless you have thin arms/hands to work
through the radio hole).  Pull the rotary knob off from the front and you'll
see the base of the switch that's held in by the nut.

My panel was cracked, so I replaced the entire thing by removing radio,
switches, etc.  Straight forward, but time-consuming.

You may find further info here:
http://www.unofficialbmw.com/frame_e30.html

John in VA
'85 325e