RE: 6-series questions/help/advice

Emil,

Good Questions.
1st - Most Important - get yourself a Bentley Repair manual.  Amazon,
Chapters, Indigo, and a number of aftermarket BMW parts sources can supply
in good time.

As For the Spark Plugs - Use only the recommended plugs - Bosch WR9LS I
think (Check your manual / Bentley / or Dealer). If it does recommend the
Silber (Silver in English) Bosch Plug - Spend the extra money and get them.
(They tend to be more expensive than even Platinum plugs - but the engine
will be MUCH HAPPIER!) - Personally - You could not pay me to use the
Platinum Plugs in a German Car - In Fact BMW, Audi, VW, Porsche and Mercedes
recommend against them for their older cars - to the point that most
reputable dealers will pull them out on you if they are found in the car.

As for the valves - they use an eccentric cam for adjustment; a Little
tricky, but easy enough to catch on to. The Bentley Manual describes the
procedure well.  I personally prefer to do the adjustment on a COLD engine -
and tend to go back and recheck / adjust each valve a second time after I'm
done (for some reason, I always have to readjust at least half the second
time - but that usually does it.)

Sorry for being so long winded, But I hope this helps.

Stu
'83 528e
'84 528e
'85 535i