From: owner-bmw@domain.elided [mailto:owner-bmw@domain.elided] On Behalf Of Gary
Beck
Sent: July 1, 2003 7:45 AM
To: BMW Digest
Subject: AC conversion to 134

Has anyone performed a conversion of their AC system from Freon R-12 to
R-134?
I did this to a Volvo and it worked fine.
Thoughts, problems etc.
I know you have to put in a new dryer and flush the system with alcohol. All
new seals too!
As I remember the oil in the compressor has to be changed also.
Any one with AC experience I would appreciate your advice.
Gary
533i

---