E36. The Old 'Bump Stop' Question - Again.

We're replacing the suspension on my son's '92 325IS while we have
the car apart for paint etc. We're putting Bilstein Sport struts on the
front and shocks on the rear, and Eibach springs. Comparing the Bilsteins
to the stock front struts, the piston shaft is about 2" longer on the
Bilsteins,
which probably won't mean anything once the springs are installed, right?
The Eibach front springs are about 12" uncompressed and the stock springs
about 14". Has anyone out there had experience with this same set up?
I know there was a discussion a while back about bump stop interference.
Should I leave the bump stops alone, shorten them, or throw them away?
We've got our hands full with a myriad of other things on the car and I
really
would prefer not to be taking the suspension apart again. All advice much
appreciated. Alex F., Carl Scholz, anyone?

Greg and Chris Connolly.