[alfa] cranckase vent

Dear All,

My crankase vent system is full of gunk that is clogging out my Oil-Vapour separator. I'm sure this is not normal and suspect a blown head gasket (otherwise why would there be so muck brown muck?). I would like to disconnect the crankase hose from the Oil separator and have the hose just hang there for a while to prevent the gunk to enter the combustion chamber until I sort things out. I don;t plan great trips just short hops to test the car now and then.

what are the implications of doing that? (other than environmental of course).

TonyG

87 Spider - Pequannok, NJ

Roy you there?