RE: [alfa] Peters comments

> Peter I think you may need to calibrate your dyno. To achive 200
> hp from a 2lt
> you need 48mm carbs very high comp ratios and very hot cams. And
> you will need
> to take the thing past 8000rpm. Benica have been building engines
> for years
> and the figures you are quoting are not unobtainable however they are not
> realistic. Everyone likes to assume you have more power then
> whats actually
> going on.
> The twin spark can produce over 200hp but again they are very
> highly tuned.
> And yes Benica's 2lt turbo produces 700hp but im not talking about turbo
> charging. Do some research on auto delta engines or send the post
> some dyno
> print outs.

These aren't actually my engines to dyno.   The owners I've talked to have
run dyno numbers.   I'm not disputing these engines are pretty radical in
design, nor the 48mm carbs (but note it's the venturi size restrictions that
really have the most effect, not the body size).   Anecdotal evidence shows
200hp 2L race motors that run an entire season without rebuild and 250hp
2.5L V6 race motors that run an entire season without rebuild.

I'll agree that for the street that's not the way to go.  You need more
displacement and more jugs to make streetable, reliable power in a motor
that will last 75-100k miles and still pass emissions.

Is the context race engines or street engines?  It's a different argument
for each.

-Peter