Re: [alfa] Speedometer Calibration

Lots of speedometer shops can adjust the speed reading if the unit is the
old fashioned mechanical type, and some of the electronic units can be
adjusted also. Try to find a speedometer shop - if there is no local one,
they often advertise in enthusiast magazines.
BUT, if it is off despite stock wheels and tires, you may have to provide
the shop with error data like you took, as they usually just set them up to
factory specs - ie: speedo should read XX MPH at some specified input RPM
to the speedo head. There used to be places where you could buy a
correction gear box for speedometers - tell them what change you are
looking for. Of course, that also changes the distance recorded as well as
the speed shown.

Gwynne Spencer