[alfa] Repro parts

>Is there an opportunity here for the international Alfa community to
>investigate the remanufacture of parts?  The MG car club in the UK is (I
>think) the largest single-marque club in the world.  I think that I'm also
>correct in saying that there is nothing for an MGB that isn't available.

I know it hit the Montreal boards, through the help of a Digester,
(thanks!! ) and I got a whopping 2 inquiries.

That's why they don't get remade. The part is discontinued from Alfa for
low demand. Likewise, we don't know something different. Build it, they
won't come.... not for a while anyway.

==================

I can make an analogy to another marque that I'm familiar with (Studebaker).
Parts are often remanufactured, but it is a labor of love, not a business.

A few hindred of something are made and are shared cooperatively with the
handful of parts vendors who then stock it on their shelves for a LLOOOONG
time before they sell. It ties up cash for a long time and most every vendor
has them at the same price to divide up the financial commitment of a minimum
production run.

Now if somebody had manufacturing connections in China that can ensure
quality, I'd think the financials would look much better than US or European
products. Though I'd want to start with non-safety realted items like interior
trim pieces.

Karl