Re: [alfa] unscientific survey of gtv6 owners

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 23:51:26 -0600 "B.D. Zelazny" <UnltdLtd@domain.elided> wrote:
> because of this i was wondering if any other gtv6 owners have experienced a similar
> failure in this area due to the difference in wheel spacing. my request: could y'all
> take a few minutes and measure the distance between the driver and passenger side wheel
> centers and let me know what the DIFFERENCE is, if any?

> i'd also suggest you closely examine this area on your gtv6 for similar wear through
> and have any needed repairs done so as to avoid the situation i'm now faced with. i
> hope my bad experience may save others from a similar fate.

i can't speak to the alignment problems being a cause. this happened on my wife's
82 GTV 6, due simply to the accumulations of leaves and pine needles in the
usual cavities.

we ended up getting APE to send us the footwell corners cut out of a wrecked
california car, and grafted them in place of the terminally rotted areas.

richard