[alfa] head nut torque

>>I seem to recall this procedure was discussed recently, and certain
Alfisti
expressed strong feelings about whether or not the nuts should be
loosened.<<

My understanding is that a torque wrench only gives an accurate measure of
of torque when moving smoothly. The idea of cracking the nuts off first is
to ensure that the torque wrench is moving to give an accurate reading.

Personally yes I would crack them off, but only by a tiny amount, and not
enough to allow oil to easily get between the nut and the washer.

All the best

Keith