[alfa] Moskos Alfa Owner comments

Sitting in the Milan airport, I finally whipped out my copy of Alfa Owner to
see what the fuss was all about.

I don't see what people are getting so worked up about.  Marc made a few
observations and a atatement of the direction in which he'd like to take the
club, and invited people to contact him with their thoughts and feelings.
Big deal, I don't know what the panic is all about.

Fwiw, I don't see why the club or the BOD seems to be worked up about
either.  Who the hell says we have to make a choice?  I'm more concerned
with the thought that our BOD wastes time and energy on discussions like
these.

What, we're going to become a 'vintage' club, and never print any news about
current Alfa news?  I guess that means that someday, if/when Alfa ever
returns, somebody will need to form a new club for the owners of the newer
cars.  God forbid we should cater to them with the current AROC.  Let's
start a debate on what we should call the new club.  I've already got an
agenda item for their BOD - should the club that caters to the new Alfas
allow any discussion concerning the older ones?  And if not, at what point
do the 'new' Alfas become too old to be a part of that club?

Or, we become a <whatever the alternative is to a vintage club> club, what
the hell does that mean?  That we force ourselves into exclusive coverage of
only the new cars, to the total exclusion of all the ones we've currently
got over here?  Oh oh, see the above agenda item for the BOD..

Quite frankly, both alternatives seem pretty stupid to me.

Why is our BOD wasting time discussing stuff like this?  I think the
membership needs to submit some *real* issues for the BOD to discuss,
obviously they're not busy enough if they have time for these kinds of
discussions.

I've got these visions of two Dr Seuss characters, facing each other, each
refusing to budge, while the world continues around them..

bs