[alfa] Re: Alfa Youth

Joe,

Happy birthday!

My first car was an Alfa. Bought it from my older brother in 1974 and drove
it my last two years of high school - I alternately love and hate him for
selling me that car (still). I still have it - my '63 Giulia Spider. It's currently
a garage/trailer queen, but not the concourse type. :-)

And, I remember when you first joined the AD as a 16 year old. There were
people here who gave you a really hard time for asking some "dumb" newbie
questions and being so young (as if that last part is a crime). And then there were a
LOT of other people who gave those people a hard time for giving you a hard
time. One even said something about wanting you to chase the pants off his
teenage daughter since you were cool enough to drive an Alfa, or something like
that. That was weird.

In any case, I'm glad you and all the younger guys (gals/folks/persons) have
joined the AD and stuck it out. We haze worse than the college Greek system
sometimes and we don't hand out the beers quite as willingly, but we're a neat
bunch once you get to know us, right? Y'all (southern USA plural form of 'you')
are welcome and appreciated on my computer. I especially appreciate how you,
in particular, sign your name, add the year/model car you drive, and correct
spelling/usage errors on others postings. I love pet peeves. :-)

And remember, anyone that goes around referring to people as 'a jerk' are
jerks themselves.

Oops, wait. I think I just called myself a name ... let me think a little
more about this last part and get back to you. :-)

Tom
Seattle
6310123 (the original Alfa in this household)
7711615 (the running Alfa in this household)
'63 TZ1 (my 9-year old's 1/43rd scale model from the 2002 convention)
Many other cars over the years, including a dreaded SUV (new topic, anyone?
:-)