RE: [alfa] bay area spider people

Hello Karl,
 Welcome to the bay, the land that worth gold and full of opportunities. As I know, Tom Sahines is the technical advisor for Alfa here. He rebuilt many transmission and he's close by Fremont also. It's been a long time, I don't know if he's still there. Page him on this digest, he may answer. Charles Slayman is in SJ, also very knowledgable about spider too.

Louis Le
91 Spider veloce,
Fremont, CA
"Karl Robrock" <robrock@domain.elided> wrote:

>Hi all,
>well, I made it out to the bay area finally. I would like to do a tranny
>rebuild on my '91 spider pretty soon. I bought 3 new synchro rings (and hope I
>won't need gears). My problem is that I am new to the transmission scene.
>Never done it. I can most certainly remove the tranny, and reinstall it, but
>is there anyone out there that would like to donate some advice or time or
>special tools to assist in rebuilding the tranny?
>
>thanks,
>
>Karl
>now in Fremont, CA
>'91 164L