Re: [alfa] Duetto Spark Plugs or other issues?

Ron,

the carburettored Alfa twin cam uses NGK BP7ES as a replacement for Lodge
2HL across the range from 1300 to 2L thru the '60's, 70's and '80s.  I know
nothing about variations for Spica cars .  Iridium option is BP7EIX and both
have a recommended gap of 0.8mm.

BP6ES is the equivalent to LODGE HL so it depends on your driving style etc
etc.

Try a websearch for NGK.  I confirmed the above info at
http://www.ngkspark.com.au/ (Australian site) which you can search by
make/model/engine size, or by cross referencing different plugs by
manufacturer.

As to your starting problem, it sounds more like a plug-lead, coil, or fuel
problem to me.

Beatle
Oz