[alfa] Clutch & Brake pedals are uneven on 91 Spider

Hello all,
 After a few months sitting in the garage, my 91 Spider fired right up and drives beautifully. I noticed the clutch pedal was about 1/4-1/3" lower than the brake pedal. I heard that this is the sign of the pedal shaft is going to break soon. How long do I have before this shaft breaks? Everything is smooth and great on the pedals now except if you pedaling both of them fast, you may hear some clicking sound. How hard is it to replace this shaft?

Thanks,

Louis Le
Fremont, CA
91 Spider Veloce,