[alfa] stuck cylinder head

I am having a hard time removing the cylinder head from a 74 GTV engine. The
engine is on an engine stand. I have removed the 10 dome nuts and the 2
screws at the front. I have tried rope in two cylinders and a breaker bar on
the pulley bolt. I have tried a 4 ton hydraulic puller between the sump and
the boss for the timing chain adjuster and I have used a copper hammer on a
couple of solid parts of the head, but it will not budge. I assume that
adhesion is between the studs and the holes in the head that they pass
through. They are now soaking in penetrating oil. The AR manual shows a
special puller that appears to screw into a spark plug hole and has a plate
that pushes on the dome nuts. I suppose that I could make one, but I worry
that the threads in the spark plug hole would strip. What should I try next?

Thanks,
Ed Prytherch, Columbia SC
79 Spider
73 GTV