[alfa] GTV Electric Fan Conversion

There has been a little chatter on this topic lately, so maybe someone can
answer my question. What is the clearance between the radiator and the front
of the water pump on a GTV? I have been assembling parts and the fan I
bought is 2 1/2 inches deep. I figure I need 3 inches just to be on the safe
side. The current nylon fan appears to slip over the shaft on the front of
the water pump. Unless that shaft is removable, I don't think I have 3
inches clearance. What are my options, buy a super thin fan from Vintage
Air? Put in an Alfetta water pump? What have you other guys done?

Dave
74 GTV
LA CA