[alfa] Alfa Youth

Hi,

Let me introduce myself. My name is Monty Mathisen and I'm 16 years old. I'm also behind the wheel of a sleek-looking Milano and my father has a Gtv6. A few months after I turned 16 I fell in love with my Alfa, and wanted to get involved. We were already members of AROC but wanted to be involved locally. So we ventured to a New York Club Sunday breakfast on Long Island. It was fun, a bunch of guys talking Alfa. Then they started talking about a website. I take web design in school, so I offered to help for what it would cost to keep it on the internet. A month later "AROCNY" had a website but with no content.  It was good to know I was involved and helping the local Alfa club, maybe even injecting some youth into the club. But soon objections came up. After about one month of no content contributions to the website, (all club board members were behind it) club member Alan Elton wanted power. He wanted to take over website and only criticized everything I had done. The site was fine.
 The club finally had a site. All the members at the breakfast said they liked it. Alan ruined a Sunday morning breakfast talking about it. No we didn't talk, I take that back. He was yelling at me. Here is a 40 year old man yelling at a 16 year old kid who tried to volunteer and help.  Im in high school, getting up at 7am to go to club breakfasts on the weekend is a lot to ask, and this guy completely ruined the experience.  He didn't have a valid argument either - we could both do the same thing for the website for roughly same price. It ended up coming down to a board meeting vote. Alan was going to present his ideas and I was not invited. But when we left that last breakfast, the members there said they would support me. After rescheduling the board meeting three times it finally happened. It took them six days to tell me what happened, no response to a few emails - they only really responded after I had picked up my phone and called them. Alan got the website.  What happened to
 the support they promised me? What happened to volunteering? I have my own website. I do a companys website. But this club experience stunk.

Maybe I should buy a Toyota??

Monty Mathisen