Re: [alfa] RE: Starter Running On- NEW TWIST!

I have been struggling with a related problem on my '73 Spider.  After installing a series 4 starter (for a 91-94), I was having problems with the starter cranking for only a couple seconds, then stopping.  If I disconnected the cold-start enrichment solenoid, the problem went away.  Wes Ingram told me I must have a shorted soleniod so I replaced it (yes, pulled the pump, etc.).

Well, the problem persisted.  Basically, the starter and solenoid require a lot of current.  I was just about to put in a separate solenoid, but decided to check for good grounds and put in a new ground strap.  So far, it seems better.

I hope this is useful to someone out there.  It would have saved me removing my Spica pump!

--
Jason Hagen
Chicago, IL