From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
Christopher Poore
Sent: Saturday, March 06, 2004 10:57 AM
To: alfa@domain.elided
Subject: [alfa] Re: Milano Cold Start Injector Problems continued

 I have changed the cold start valve and injectors with ones that was known
to be good. I still was having some trouble. Upon checking the oil, it was
found that about an extra quart of gasoline was in the oil. (not good). I
changed the oil twice and the car would run fine until it sat overnite. The
next day it would not start and the plugs were fouled with gas. I sssumed
that there was more fuel in the oil and was evaporating up into the intake.
So, changed the oil again. I started the car and idle was fine for about 5
minutes, then would start running rich even if the cold start valve was
removed from the intake. BUT, I removed the oil cap and the idle would
smooth out. Also, after driving the car, I can remove the oil cap and the
car will start the next day. I now think that the crankcase ventilation is
somehow clogged. Will be checking that out today. Any other suggestion will
be appreciated. This has been a head scratcher for sure.
Chris
Anderson, SC'
87 Milano
87 Milano Parts