[alfa] Holes in the wall, etc.

Richard, I truly hope you will allow this one through. Well aware I push
the limits of what is Alfa specific and what isn't.

Sometime in the late 60's I read an article. It was the first statement
I'd read which made sense regarding the subject of women's liberation.
It was written by a man.

He was with his attractive wife in a restaurant in New York City sitting
at a table in the middle of the room. Several men in business suits next
to them began making comments as to what they would like to do with the
author's wife - given the chance. The author, quite exasperated
eventually threw an ashtray at one of the men.

In a huff, the wife got up and left the restaurant.

When her husband caught up with her, feeling fully understanding, was
completely caught off guard when he found the venom aimed directly at
him. "How could you decide what is best for me. How could you treat me
like your child and make decisions for me. I am perfectly capable of
deciding what I am willing to tolerate and what I am not!"

Anyone can appreciate someone sticking up for them and / or their
opinions from time to time, but must assure anyone treating the few
females on this Digest - or even All females - as if only god fearing
men can save them from fates worth than death...they should get a life.

I should probably stop here when I'm behind, but was fairly sure I'd
eventually hear from Anne O and the ever so shy Tess. Did especially
enjoy the latter's comment "Maybe someone who rebuilds and restores cars
for a living, like yourself? (Actually, that is kind of a scary thought:
a party of Bibas.)"

Yeah, "our cars' are for people. I remind myself of this daily when
getting too anal over insignificant ALFA parts. Than get even more anal.

As much as I'd like to find the 'ultimate babe who frequents holes in
the wall', I neither have any great expectations, nor feel they are an
inferior (ummm) race by not hanging out with us guys.

They're just vastly different.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA