[alfa] Re: Australian Digesters

"Not withstanding the many American, European and other digesters, I am
interested to find out just who, and how many Australians use this digest.
Much information, although interesting, is not relevant in Australia. It
would
be interesting to compile an Australian Data Base of users so that parts
and
information can be readily shared. All those digesters in Aus please email
me
or the digest so that we can all compile a list of Aussies in our mail
directory.
Cheers,
Dean."

Hi Dean,

Please count me in with your list of Australian Digesters, but can I also
offer the following thoughts.

I have been a reasonably regular reader, contributor and lurker for a few
years now.  There have been a handful of Australians on board, and I have
often wondered about the value of  an Australian digest - this would be so
easy to set up as a Yahoo group, however without wanting to dampen your
idea, I don't know how effective an Australian digest would be.  Cyberspace
already seems to abound with Alfa groups and info, and like the Alfa Digest
the success of these groups relies on a critical mass of active subscribers
(instead of just lurkers).  Whether we could get enough Aussies to make it
worthwhile is questionable, as is whether the net needs yet another Alfa
digest.  Also, for me, the international flavour of the AD is one of its
attractions.

Interestingly, internet presence about French cars (there is a Peugeot in
our family as well) can be sketchy.  There is a superb Australian-based
French car resource - see www.aussiefrogs.com - but maybe this only so
healthy because it is filling a vacuum?

Anyway, please don't take my thoughts as being too negative, and by all
means I would be happy to support this endeavour if I can.

Cheers,
John Wiltshire
Sydney
they are addressed.

If you have received this email in error, you are prohibited from
reading, copying, distributing and using the information. Please
contact the sender immediately by return email and destroy
the original message.

You should scan this message and any attachments for viruses.
Under no circumstances do we accept liability for any loss or
damage which may result from your receipt of this message or
any attachments.